Career Management Professional Program (CMPP)
Yorkville University is the academic home for the Career Management Professional Program (CMPP). The program is designed to meet the professional development needs of career/employment counsellors, career practitioners, human resource management professionals, counsellors, rehabilitation professionals, and practitioners in related fields.
The Career Management Professional Program offers 11 distinct courses that can be taken individually or combined into 2 certificate specializations:
- Career Development Practitioner (CDP) Essentials (10 courses)
- 200 hours of foundational training needed to work in a wide variety of roles and settings within the career development sector. Ideal for those seeking certification through provincial certifying bodies.
- Educational and Vocational Guidance Practitioner:
- The Educational and Vocational Guidance Practitioner (EVGP) credential is offered through the International Association of Educational and Vocational Guidance (IAEVG), built upon the international competencies developed by IAEVG adopted in 2003.
- The EVGP requires a combination of education and experience; completion of this 140 hours of training meets the additional training requirements. Students who complete the EVGP certificate will be eligible to apply for the EVGP credential if they also meet the other requirements
- Click here for more information
Students are welcome to take individual courses. Each has been pre-approved for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Vocational Rehabilitation Association of Canada
- International Association of Educational and Vocational Guidance - EVGP Credential
- Center for Credentialing and Education - GCDF Credential